As of 1998, the ratitor would like to thank and acknowledge the people who have, so far, helped in getting this collection started. It is hoped more of you will have materials, ideas, suggestions, and leads, you can send in whatever form to rat haus reality press so we can add them into this resource. Beverly Red shared her copy of Taking Care of Business, Citizenship and the Charter of Incorporation, and re-focused attention on this issue of "turning off" the harm-producing corporations of the world. Richard Grossman sent xeroxes of the articles and information listed at the bottom of this page. We are grateful for his support. He and Ward Morehouse are Co-Directors of the
Program on Corporations, Law, & DemocracyPOCLAD is a project of the Council on International and Public Affairs (CIPA). Ward Morehouse is the President of
P. O. Box 246
S. Yarmouth MA 2664-0246
Council on Public and International AffairsWanda Ballentine gave permission to include her articles (Take back the might, Who's in charge here?, Corporate colonization of our minds, and What about the corporate "good guys?", and helped me connect with Richard Grossman. Rick Crawford, did the exemplary research and then wrote and shared his What Lincoln Forsaw: Corporations "Enthroned" and Re-Writing the Laws Defining Their Existence article. Wendy Govier, former executive Editor of Adobe's web site helped with the layout at the top of the page. rebecca lord helped in proofing and suggestions about composition of the text. Adam Keats sent a xerox of Article XII of the 1879 California Constitution. Gordon Welty contributed a copy of his paper on Transnational Corporations and an enumerated list of his thoughts on how corporations got the way they are today. Winston Weeks continues to forward many pertinent URLs and files and he finds on misc.activism.progressive as well as other newsgroups and mail lists he forages amongst. And, Peter Montague, and all the good people at Rachel's Environment and Health News who have a contributed so much information and inspiring energy on articulating the critical issues of our day.
Suite 3C, 777 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
- Corporate Crime Reporter 11/97 interview with POCLAD's Richard Grossman
- Nations V. Corporations, a 1991 ranking of the top 100 economic "world powers"
- Minorities, the Poor & Ending Corporate Rule, LADEN with facts and figures, Fall 1995
- Asserting Democratic Control Over Corporations: A Call To Lawyers, Fall 1995
- Review and Commentary: Justice For Sale: Shortchanging the Public Interest for Private Gain, 1993
- Playing By Whose Rules? A Challenge to Environmental, Civil Rights and Other Activists, 1995
- The Struggle for Democratic Control of Corporations: Taking the Offensive
- 9 Seminars on "Corporations, Lawyers, Democracy, Justice & The Law" at the 1996 Public Interest Environmental Law Conference, Eugene Oregon, March 7-10.
- Ending Corporate Governance, "democracy will continue to be a delusion as long as we continue allowing corporations to rule", 10/94
- Bringing our government Back Down To Earth, refreshingly rich Maine-style straight talking, 8/95
- Earth Island Journal's review of Taking Care of Business, Citizenship and the Charter of Incorporation, Spring 1993
- Revocation of Weyerhaueser Corporate Charter Certificate of Dissolution people presented to CEO George Weyerhaeuser, 4/95
- Take back the might, Why aren't lawyers helping us to regain the rights and powers that have been steadily transferred to corporations?, 5/95
- PRINTED compared with SENT version of letter to The Progressive's Editor, 5/95